Mechanical Engineer IV
|Title:||Mechanical Engineer IV|
|Location:||Merritt Island, FL|
Cape Design Engineering (CDE), a wholly-owned subsidiary of 8-koi currently has a job opening for a Lead Mechanical Engineer (Mechanical Engineer IV) to lead the HVAC design team on a variety of project types, lead teams, and directly interface with the client. You will actively participate in the full project cycle, from the design phase through the final construction close-out. In addition, you will assist in the management of the department and the office. CDE / 8-koi is a diverse Florida based service and consulting company that has been providing outstanding results for our clients for over 25-years.
- Shall possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year College or University.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience as a Mechanical Engineer designing for facilities.
- Experience as a project manager is requested, but not necessarily required
- Must possess effective communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Must be proficient in the use of Revit, AutoCAD, HAP, and Trane TRACE.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows, Excel, and Word.
- Mechanical Engineer shall hold a Professional Engineer licenses registration in the State of Florida.
- Or able to receive one vie reciprocity within 60 days of hire.
- Other certifications such as LEED AP, LEED BD+C, or other various AEE certifications are a plus.
- U.S. Citizenship or valid US Work Visa (Green Card).
- Active membership and involvement in professional practice organization.
SPECIFIC TASK / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Applicant shall be able to work on multiple projects related to buildings/industrial HVAC and plumbing systems design.
- Manage multiple HVAC design projects of various scale through concept, SD, DD and the CA phases.
- Be the main point of contact for our clients and capable of representing the team at project meetings.
- Organize in-house resources.
- Train and mentor junior staff.
- Assist with marketing / proposal efforts and proposal presentations.
- Prepares project budgets, monitors compliance with time/schedule deadlines.
- Plans and obtains additional work authorizations a required for scope changes.
- Performs standard computations or analysis.
- Observes construction activities.
- Performs basic survey work.
- Prepares portions of project documents.
- Edits specifications.
- Performs research and investigations.
- Designs a complete project and prepares complete project documents.
- Assists upper level management and staff as a technical specialist or advisor.
- Participates with reviews of project documents for conformity and quality assurance.
- Serves as the technical specialist for the mechanical team.
- Keeps informed of new developments and requirements affecting the organization for recommending changes in programs or applications.
- Assists in the development of standards and guidelines.
- Reviews complete project documents for conformity and quality assurance.
Any additional related tasks issued by superiors. The Mechanical Engineer IV will have managerial responsibilities serving as department leads and project leads. This requires the candidate to be able to:
- Reviews and approves scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments.
- Prepares proposals to provide professional services or obtain funding for engineering projects or programs.
- Able to supervises a project team of engineers, technicians, and consultants.
- Plans, schedules, or coordinates the preparation of documents or activities for multiple projects or is responsible for an entire program of an organization.
- Reviews operational procedures to ensure compliance with applicable policies and performance measures.
- Applicant is also responsible for maintaining CDE / 8-koi Company Standards and Practices.
8-Koi and, its wholly owned subsidiary, CDE are Equal Opportunity Employers. 8-Koi and CDE do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications