|Title:||Systems Test Engineer [RW029] (Principal)|
|Location:||Vandenberg Space Force Base, CA|
• Provide Test and Evaluation support in the areas of Command Destruct, Communications, Data Handling, Optics, Radar, Range Safety, Surveillance, Telemetry, Timing & Sequencing and Weather for all assigned projects including sustainment projects to keep the Range operational and new Range of the Future (RotF) projects
• Participate in and brief Project Integrated Product Team (IPT) meetings to ensure Test & Evaluation needs are clearly conveyed and ensure assigned milestones are completed on time.
• Evaluate and review requirements in support of assigned projects to ensure requirements are clearly worded and verifiable and to determine acceptance criteria and verification method to be used to verify requirements.
• Develop and update Test Plans, Test Procedures and Test Reports in support of assigned projects.
• Conduct Functional Checkouts and Developmental Tests and Evaluation in support of assigned projects.
• Lead and develop Test & Evaluation inputs to basis of estimates and proposals for Systems Engineering, as assigned
• Analyze, develop, recommend and implement approaches to meet all assigned tasks and milestones
• Prepare documentation including briefing material and reports to communicate information to appropriate personnel including leadership and external customers
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Communication skills (verbal and written) to communicate to management and customers
• Time management and organization skills, with the capability to manage multiple competing priorities
• Interpersonal skills to interact with internal and external customers
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team including facilitating team discussions, as assigned
• Dedication to achieving outstanding customer results
• Bachelor’s degree in applicable science, technology, engineering or math field.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in engineering environment with emphasis on hardware and/or software testing
• Experience working with databases (familiarity with requirements management databases like DOORS preferred)
• Experience working with Windows based computer systems and components and Office tool suite
• Experience working with Project IPTs
• Knowledge of the engineering lifecycle and requirements development and testing process
• Strong familiarity and working knowledge of various verification methods and test approaches to successfully verify requirements including development of test procedures and other test documentation
• Familiarity with the use of a requirements management database such as DOORS for managing requirements
• Working knowledge of the Vandenberg Space Force Base Launch Range and its instrumentation preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support specific project or mission requirements
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance, which includes U.S. citizenship or U.S. naturalization
• Valid U.S. Driver’s License required
• This position is assigned to Vandenberg SFB, CA
• Position eligible for temporary teleworking
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: 8-koi and, its wholly owned subsidiary, Cape Design Engineering (CDE) are Equal Opportunity Employers. 8-koi and CDE do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and co-workers.