|Title:||CAD Designer Level II|
|Location:||Merritt Island, FL|
Cape Design Engineering (CDE), a wholly-owned subsidiary of 8-koi currently has a job opening for a CAD Designer II to be a key member of the design engineering team that performs CAD related work for the design of HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical and Structural systems for various facilities types. CDE / 8-koi is a diverse Florida based service and consulting company that has been providing outstanding results for our clients for over 21-years now.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare dimensional drawings, installation drawings and more complex drawings.
- Revise and update existing drawings reflecting design changes, in collaboration with Engineers to ensure consistent documentation of the project.
- Review blueprints, plans, specifications and other customer documentation if service is requested by the application engineer or project manager.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of third-party items and services data base. Review and modify information with supervision by the Director of Engineering. Make data available to application engineers and project managers.
- Establish filing guidelines for drawings to maintain up-to-date drawings
- Able to generate layout drawings from sketches and specifications.
- Any additional related tasks issued by superiors.
Applicant shall apply his or her own knowledge of CAD designing and various office technologies in many various assignments. Applicant shall be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in an effective and structured manner. Typical characteristics a candidate must have for this position include:
- Able to work with minimal supervision, efficiently schedule and manage time.
- Acquires basic knowledge and develops skills in a specific practice area.
- Applies standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform assigned tasks as part of a broader assignment.
- Exercises limited judgment on details of work and in application of standard methods for conventional work
- Acquires an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities
Will receive direction from Management and Engineers.
Applicant is also responsible for maintaining 8-koi / CDE Company Standards and Practices.
Expected to be true “team players” realizing that their contributions affect the outcome of projects; this also includes profitability.
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Knowledgeable of standard drafting practices and procedures
- Experience with latest Autodesk products (Revit, AutoCAD)
- At least 4-years of related experience
- at least 4 years of more of specific discipline design
- HS Diploma or Technical Trade certification or AS/AA Degree
- Participate in ongoing education
- Possess a valid Florida Driver’s License and a reliable mode of transportation
- Pass an entry drug screen and remain drug free throughout employment and all pre-employment criteria
- Familiar with the MS office suite and ability to create reports, spreadsheets, and presentations using these tools
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Exceptional multitasking abilities and flexibility
- Ability to read and interpret complex documents such as regulations and contract requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and spoken
- Skilled use of Adobe Acrobat
- Moderate typing speed
- Internet usage
- Task planning / Calendar management
- Member of professional practice organization
Working conditions typically are within an office environment.
Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
Maybe sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
May work temporarily in an outdoor environment.
May be required to traverse program sites unaided which may include ladders, stairs, disturbed earth, trenches and uneven walking surfaces.
May also include entrance into confined areas, elevated surfaces
May include working in extreme weather conditions.
Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, or offsite personnel and management.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meeting
Must be able to wear and work in personal protective equipment as per program requirements.
Various programs may include other requirements in additions to those listed above.
Normal office environment mobility; sitting, walking, bending, stooping, standing, lifting a maximum of 25 pounds (greater than 25 pounds requires a two-person lift), turning, pushing. Normal office dexterity, to include; reaching, handling, grasping, to include typing/keyboard, and phone use.