Medical Office Clerk
|Title:||Medical Office Clerk|
|Location:||Fort Belvoir, VA|
To provide assistance with medical clerk support at Fort Belvoir Community Hospital for 8-koi; a diverse Florida based service and consulting company that has been providing outstanding results for our clients for over 12-years.
Hours of Operations
Sunday-Thursday 10:30pm-7am with a 30 minute unpaid lunch
Duties and responsibilities
- Greets patients/visitors at a front desk, information center or office setting.
- Apply clinic guidelines concerning release of patient information and refers patient to appropriate staff member
- Receive telephone calls and visitors to the section, ascertains the nature of the call or visit, obtains identifying information and determines the nature and urgency of the patient’s request.
- Arranges and schedules medical appointments and determines patient eligibility for services. Determine patient eligibility, schedule appointments, relay general instructions to patients, or make referrals to other sections.
- File laboratory results, X-ray, and any other test results in the medical records of patients prior to scheduled appointments.
- The Contractor shall assure proper completion and filing of forms in medical records prior to forwarding the medical records to the medical records room.
- The Contractor shall record a variety of physician orders on a timely basis to various charts, identifying various chemical compounds, symbols and abbreviations comprising medication orders.
- Interview new patients to the clinic. The medical clerk shall determine the nature of the visit and provide information on the appointment, the clinic hours and services.
- Refer ineligible patients to the Patient Administration Division.
- Perform a variety of other duties, clinical support and clerical duties, e.g. compiling data for reports, maintain the waiting area in a neat and orderly manner, provide clinic orientation to Red Cross Volunteers and newly assigned personnel and forwards information to other organizational elements for inclusion in recurring reports.
- Type a variety of narrative and tabular material (e.g. correspondence reports, technical papers) into automated equipment utilizing the full range of keys, codes, proofing symbols, functions and applications to develop products in final form.
- Correct errors in grammar, spelling and punctuation; refers to dictionaries, style manuals and established typing/correspondence policies of the organization services.
- Must be able to obtain US Government Secret Security Clearance
- Must have High School diploma or General Educational Development GED) equivalency. Basic medical terminology required.
- Minimum of six months experience within the past year related to working in a medical environment with emphasis on healthcare.
- A fully qualified typist with a minimum of 50 WPM is required.
- General office administrative and clerical skills to perform receptionist duties and answer telephones.
- Office automation skills consistent with accomplishing clerical, statistical and data entry tasks in support of the administrative work of the office, using an automated data processing (ADP) system.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Working conditions are within a normal office environment.