|Location:||Merritt Island, FL|
To provide medical credentialing support for 8-koi; a diverse Florida based service and consulting company that has been providing outstanding results for our clients for over 12-years.
Duties and responsibilities
- The Credentialing Coordinator will conduct all aspects of credentialing in accordance to 8-koi and third-party standards:
- Prepare and maintain credentialing files and reports for all individual hire packages and providers including updating credentialing software data, provider rosters and spreadsheets to comply with group delegation requirements
- Conduct all follow up steps till payor approval/completion is obtained within established time standards
- Complete requests for re-credentialing for third-parties, providers and facilities; to include:
- Primary Source Verifications
- Employment Verifications
- Reference Verifications
- Accept and process all requests for credentialing information/updates, new hire packages and new contracts
- Answer questions, process requests from staff/providers related to credentialing information
- Prepare and maintain facility credentialing files and reports including maintenance of credentialing software, facility rosters and spreadsheets
- Maintain the confidentiality, security, and physical safety of all personnel records
- Train other/new associates
- Ability to work in an office or remote office setting
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Credentialing experience for verification of licenses, DEA, Education, employment, BLS, etc. for all healthcare providers for the military and government contracts - preferred
- Basic clerical and computer skills, as well as organizational skills.
- Previous experience working in the medical environment and experience using an EMR system highly desirable.
- Knowledge of medical terminology extremely helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Excellent work history that reflects longevity required (i.e. 3 employers or less in last 7 years).
- Impeccable attendance records essential
- Ability to multi-task and work independently, and have a sharp attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively execute in a high demand environment
- Must have excellent communication, phone etiquette, customer service and people skills, as well as be able to multitask and stay organized
- Ability to effectively and succinctly communicate in writing and verbally
- Ability to operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems and personal computers
Working conditions are within a normal office or remote office environment.
Normal office environment mobility; sitting, walking, bending, stooping, standing, lifting a maximum of 25 pounds (greater than 25 pounds requires a two-person lift), turning, pushing. Normal office dexterity, to include; reaching, handling, grasping, to include typing/keyboard, and phone use.