This contract position offers:
- Full-Time Opportunity | 40 Hours per week
- Monday through Friday | 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Full Benefits are offered
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Degree: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Doctor of Psychology (PsyD)
- Education: Graduate from an American Psychology Association accredited college or university with a doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology.
- Successful completion from an internship in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association.
- Have a minimum of one-year experience in the independent practice of clinical psychology in a mental health setting working with an adult population.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a psychologist in any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico or US Virgin Islands.
- Licensure: Current | Active BLS (Basic Life Support)
- Provide individual and group therapy, using various modalities as clinically indicated to include brief problem-focused psychotherapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and client-centered therapy.
- Assess acute mental health conditions in beneficiaries who present with such issues.
- Screen and interview patients, perform bio-psychosocial evaluations using expert knowledge of general and specific concepts, principles, procedures, and practices relating to psychological counseling.
- Evaluate overall effectiveness of therapeutic effort and institute changes to increase effectiveness of therapeutic efforts.
- You will provide treatment services including inpatient services, consultation liaison services, partial hospitalization, day programs, emergency psychiatric services, telepsychiatric services and routine and intensive outpatient services;
- You will monitor treatment effectiveness through evidence based medicine and alter course of treatment as needed through individualized treatment plans;
- You will provide continuing follow-up care for inpatients and outpatients with mental health disorders and for complications related to these disorders;
- You will provide psychiatric care for walk-in patients presenting with acute illness;
- You will conduct evaluations of patients including integration of laboratory, radiological and clinical findings;
- You will determine and provide mental health assessments of fitness and suitability for duty and deployments of service members based on psychiatric clinical assessments;
- You will collaborate on cases involving complicated and multifaceted problems and provide consultation to other staff such as psychologists, advanced practice nurses, social workers, and other healthcare providers;
- You will serve as a member of the professional medical staff and/or to provide advisory services on meetings, committees, conferences, and/or boards.
- Other duties as assigned
- Working conditions are within a normal office environment.
- Normal office environment mobility; sitting, walking, bending, stooping, standing, lifting a maximum of 25 pounds (greater than 25 pounds requires a two-person lift), turning, pushing. Normal office dexterity, to include; reaching, handling, grasping, to include typing/keyboard, and phone use.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications