|Location:||Merritt Island, FL|
To provide Supervision on Construction Projects for 8-koi; a diverse Florida based service and consulting company that has been providing outstanding results for our clients for over 25-years now.
Duties and responsibilities
Duties may include:
Quality Control Manager, Site Safety Officer, Environmental Manager, Superintendent, General Superintendent, Assistant Project Manager, Project Manager, Assistant Scope Writer, Company Safety Inspector, General Labor, Labor Foreman, Estimator, Estimating Assistant, IT Support, Scheduler, and Escort.
The following is a list of core responsibilities, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Preparation, Maintenance of and General Site Management
- Coordinate, direct and supervise all construction activities located at the project site
- Prior to any scheduled work performed, study all contract documents to plan procedures for construction based on established start and completion times.
- Maintain awareness of project specifications and plans and communicate project status
- Ability to identify unforeseen conditions and notify all affected parties
- Ensure site security protocols are established and maintained
- Ensure engagement with all site visitors to ensure safety and security
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices, and rectifies job site hazards immediately
- Participate in all site safety meetings
- Maintain an organized job site including material lay down areas, equipment storage, housekeeping, temporary construction, protections of existing or finished conditions and construction trailer.
- Stop all work and production if conditions exhibit concerns with safety and /or quality
- Coordinates in conjunction with PM, other managers, vendors and scheduler to prepare schedules, to establish sequence of preparation and construction activities
- Establish and confer with Project manager to establish staffing requirements for each phase of construction
- Confer with subcontractors and vendors to establish delivery schedules
- Ensure established delivery schedules are maintained and updated as needed
- Ensure all affected parties are aware of any potential change in delivery schedules
- Confer with project management on problems requiring modifications of plans or staffing levels
Work Force Management
- Confer with and - or direct other field supervisory personnel, staff, vendors and subcontractors in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications and resolving problems
- Monitor the efforts of company employees and the work of subcontractors
- Seek and provide technical direction to workers as required and ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and that schedules are met
- Responsible for the on-site supervision of construction workers involved in any range of trades or general construction duties, at assigned work site
- May interview and recommend the hiring of construction workers and provide work site orientation to new employees
Materials and Equipment Management
- Coordinate material deliveries and storage at project site with all affected parties.
- Coordinate equipment deliveries and storage at project site with all affected parties.
- Inventory and document all received materials and equipment
- Document all debris and materials removed from site
- Notify Environmental Manager and if Hazardous Materials are delivered to site
- Ensure all materials are stored so as not to be a nuisance or safety hazard.
Inspection and Testing
- Inspect work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and that construction schedules are met
- Coordinate with QCM and schedule test and inspections as necessary throughout construction process.
- Interact with inspectors, testing agents and others that visit the job site
- Interact with and coordinate with other assigned site managers including QCM, Safety and Environmental Managers
- Provide written reports related to project status or other related data
- Maintain production logs including but not limited to total hours on site of all personnel
- Maintain effective Production Records, Status meeting Minutes and transmit to corporate offices
- Effectively record project specific documentation
- Assist with project invoicing documentation and vendor payments
- Maintain positive relationships with all clients
- Maintain positive relationships with suppliers and subcontractors
- Maintain positive relationships with staff
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- Must be able to obtain US Government Clearance
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Construction with 2 of those years as a general Forman or assistant superintendent
- Must have a minimum of 2 years construction working within US government systems, Experience may run concurrently with general experience.
- Experience managing multi-trade/discipline construction in a government contracting environment
- OSHA 30-hour Certification
- USACE QCMC Certification
- EM 385-1-1
- Understanding of general construction processes and the paperwork associated with it. I.E. RFIs, submittals, MSDS, Safety Plans, Environmental Plans, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite software applications
- Experience with Primavera and/or Microsoft Project a plus
- Ability to effectively execute in a high demand environment
- Must have excellent communication, phone etiquette, customer service and people skills, as well as be able to multitask and stay organized
- Ability to multi-task and work independently, and have a sharp attention to detail
Working conditions may vary based on project and requirements. Typical working hours are from 6:55 am until 3:35 PM Monday through Friday but may extend into nights, weekends and holidays. Temporary project offices will be provided on a case-by-case basis.
Normal office environment mobility; sitting, walking, bending, stooping, standing, lifting a maximum of 25 pounds (greater than 25 pounds requires a two-person lift), turning and pushing. Normal office dexterity, to include; reaching, handling, grasping, to include typing/keyboard, and phone use. Must be able to traverse construction sites unaided which may include ladders, stairs, disturbed earth, trenches and uneven walking surfaces. May also include entrance into confined areas, elevated surfaces, and or working in extreme weather conditions. Must be able to wear and work in personal protective equipment as per project requirements. Various projects may include other requirement in additions to those listed above.