|Title:||Case Manager (CM)|
The Case Manager is responsible for coordinating case management and family reunification services for children in an on-site children’s residential facility. Responsible for the safe and timely release of all children to appropriate care. They ensure contractual requirements and client expectations are met at the on-site residential facility.
- Lead Case Manager.
- Coordinates case management and family reunification services for children.
- Initiates and maintains direct contact with each child and the child’s family while the child is in ORR care in order to efficiently advance the child’s family reunification and release the child from the facility.
- Identifies potential family members or other sponsors for reunification.
- Facilitates the timely release or discharge of children to identified family members or authorized caregiver/custodian and documents the provision of services in each child’s case file.
- Supports family members or other sponsors to assist them with understanding the process and the child’s needs.
- Conducts and documents ORR unaccompanied child (UC) assessments in accordance with ORR policies and procedures.
- Reports significant incidents in accordance with ORR policies and procedures.
- Works closely with counselors and care coordinators to ensure communication.
- Maintains the ORR Database in accordance with ORR policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Performs duties in a safe manner. Follows the corporate safety policy. Participates and supports safety meetings, training and goals. Ensures safe operating conditions within area of responsibility.Encourages co-workers to work safely. Identifies “close calls” and/or safety concerns to supervisory personnel. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Assists in active implementation of company initiatives to ensure compliance with OSHA VPP, ISO, JCAHO, AAAHC, and other mandated regulations/standards.
Experience & Education:
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Bachelors degree in psychology, sociology, behavioral sciences, criminal justice, or any education field accepted.
- Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized and have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Proficiency with computer and common office equipment, as well as with MS Office products required.
- 1 year of experience in child care.
- 1 year of experience in child welfare or case management with children.
- Must be able to sit for more than 8 hours per day
- Must be willing to work over time if necessary
- Must be able to use an elevator or walk up and down stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and carry up to 10 feet
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders
- Must be able to read and interpret handwritten and typewritten print
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
- Clean Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) or child protective services check
- Must complete Urine Drug Screen
8-koi, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and or any other characteristic protected by law. Position is contingent upon contract award.