|Title:||Engineering Project Coordinator|
|Location:||Merritt Island, FL|
To provide assistance with Project Coordination for 8-koi; a diverse Florida based service and consulting company that has been providing outstanding results for our clients for over 12-years now.
Duties and responsibilities
Assist and distribute change orders, pay apps, and deviation waivers
- Format and distribute field reports
- Format and compile design analyses
- Generate sign-in sheets and agendas for meetings
- Type meeting minutes as needed
- Assist with printing needs
- Assist with scanning needs
- Scan all signed and sealed drawings, package and ship to client.
Engineering Fee Proposals
- Assist with creation of proposal letters and fee templates.
- Create new fee proposals folders and update fee proposals log.
- Assist with determining invoicing needs for projects on a weekly basis.
- Update invoices log and fee tracking spreadsheet on a weekly basis.
- Follow up on AR report on a weekly basis.
Engineering Meeting Support
- Attend engineering meeting bi-weekly (alternate with Laura) and take notes.
- Generate weekly action items and two-week look ahead from notes.
Submittals and RFIs
- Receive subs/RFIs via e-mail
- Determine corresponding project
- Determine who needs to address sub/RFI (structural engineer, mechanical engineer, etc.)
- Determine CDE tracking number
- Log submittal/RFI on the OPS website
- Forward to appropriate parties with due date
- Follow up as necessary
- Return reviewed subs/RFIs and log out on OPS website.
- Edit engineering specifications as needed in either Microsoft Word (using Styles) or SpecsIntact.
- Run reports and correct errors or unaddressed items in SpecsIntact.
- Assist with proposal admin
- Used to update company Twitter, but haven’t made any updates since 8-koi acquired CDE
- Assist IT department with various tasks
Other duties as assigned can include, but not limited to:
- Transfer call to appropriate person
- Filter spam/sales calls
Maintain Conference Room
- Keep tidy, wipe down tables
- Coordinate scheduling of conference room use as needed
Maintain office kitchen
- Make coffee in the morning/clean out coffee pot in the evening
- Restock cups, sugar, coffee stirrers, etc.
- Refill paper towel dispenser
- Clean out fridge on Fridays (throw out old food/wipe down where needed)
- Check for weekend mail on Mondays
- Check mail daily
- Distribute mail to appropriate persons
- Print postage for outgoing mail
- Keep track of postage printing supplies and postage account funds (currently using Endicia)
- Assist as necessary with UPS shipments.
- Use UPS packing materials in copy area as needed
- Create and print shipping label on UPS website.
- Depending on size of parcel and weather conditions, drop package at UPS store if needed (for example, drawings need to be dropped at the store if it’s raining)
- Monitor general office supplies and order online as needed
- Receive order, verify all items delivered, and put items away
- POC for Southeast Secure Shredding
- Track pick-up schedule and consolidate recycling/shredding before pick-up
- Letter Log
- Log and assign letter numbers to outgoing official letters. (Log on OPS site)
- Assist with formatting as needed
- Generate transmittal letters for any engineering documents being mailed out
- Log transmittal letters
- Maintain signed returned transmittals (scan and save on drive at the end of the year)
Insurance Certificate Tracking
- Scan any certificates of insurance for CDE and save in the admin drive
- Log insurance certificates on tracking spreadsheet
Applicant shall apply his or her own knowledge of engineering and various office technologies in many various assignments. Applicant shall be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in an effective and structured manner. Typical characteristics a candidate must have for this position include:
- Acquires basic knowledge and develops skills in a specific practice area.
- Applies standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform assigned tasks as part of a broader assignment.
- Exercises limited judgment on details of work and in application of standard methods for conventional work.
- Acquires an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Possesses basic oral and written communication skills.
- Interacts with staff, general public, officials, and contractors.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
Will receive direction from Management and other higher-ranking Engineers.
Applicant is also responsible for maintaining 8-koi / CDE Company Standards and Practices.
Expected to be true “team players” realizing that their contributions affect the outcome of projects; this also includes profitability.
- Must be eligible to work in the US.
- 3 years experience in Architectural or Consulting engineering firms is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Possess a valid Florida Driver’s License and a reliable mode of transportation.
- Pass an entry drug screen and remain drug free throughout employment.
- Familiar with the MS office suite and ability to create reports, spreadsheets, and presentations using these tools.
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality.
- Exceptional multitasking abilities and flexibility.
- Ability to read and interpret complex documents such as regulations and contract requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and spoken.
- Skilled use of Adobe Acrobat.
- Moderate typing speed.
- Internet usage.
- Task planning / Calendar management.
- Member of professional practice organization.
Working conditions are within a normal office environment.
Normal office environment mobility; sitting, walking, bending, stooping, standing, lifting a maximum of 25 pounds (greater than 25 pounds requires a two-person lift), turning, pushing. Normal office dexterity, to include; reaching, handling, grasping, to include typing/keyboard, and phone use.