Desktop Support Specialist
|Title:||Desktop Support Specialist|
8-koi is seeking a Desktop Support Specialist to support the DOMino contract. The Desktop Support Specialist performs a wide variety of tasks with respect to computer hardware, software, networks and user support. Supports, maintains and utilizes various company and customer computer resources, including PCs, servers, LANs, WANs and internet-based systems and applications on a 24/7 basis. Assists computer resource users in accessing computer systems and in resolving user problems with those systems and applications.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
- Experience using trouble ticketing and tracking systems
- Respond to user requests via Telephone, Email, and/or Altiris ticketing system.
- Install, configure, deploy, and upgrade computer hardware and software.
- Apply diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and commend solutions.
- Interact with other technical teams, software systems engineering, and /or applications development teams to restore service and/or identify and correct problems.
- Identify and reserve Computers being assigned to the network through DHCP.
- Imaging of Computers and configuring of desktop BIOS.
- Must have current Secret clearance, with ability to obtain DHS suitability prior to employment start.
- Minimum clearance requirement is an ACTIVE DoD Secret with the ability to obtain a Top Secret with SCI Eligibility
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- Must be U.S Citizen with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance. Must be able to obtain DHS suitability prior to starting employment.
SPECIFIC TASK / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In-depth working experience of Windows 7 and Windows 10 including: application installation, Active Directory and Organization Units
- Effective customer service skills, including oral and technical written communications
- Must be able to assist in development of solutions, and appropriate documentation, to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Familiarity with Antivirus software and security settings
- Able to describe PC architecture and operation
- Familiarity with TCP/IP, switches, firewalls, routers, and their basic operation
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds Required -- Ability to assist others in solving problems and working with them to implement the solution
8-Koi and, its wholly owned subsidiary, CDE are Equal Opportunity Employers. 8-Koi and CDE do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications