|Title:||Telephone Appointment Clerk (SAMHS)|
|Location:||San Antonio, TX|
To provide assistance with providing telephonic appointment support for major military support facilities and satellite clinics for 8-koi; a diverse Florida based service and consulting company that has been providing outstanding results for our clients for over 25-years now.
Duties and responsibilities
- Answer incoming calls, scheduling appointments using electronic medical record systems, and determine patient eligibility
- Provide general information and instructions to patients and referrals to other sections for further assistance or support
- Validates beneficiary eligibility for appropriate booking and may be required to register patients not already in computer system, such as newborns and updates to existing patient demographics
- Validates patient demographic information prior to booking appointment for patients and initiates or makes required updates as needed
- Provide direct customer interaction and support to schedule, reschedule, or cancel appointments by phone, mail, or fax. Provides patient with specific visit instruction.
- Process referral consults for clinical review to specialty care clinics in accordance to the specialty clinic capability report and clinic Standard Operating Procedure
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Ability to read, write, hear and speak English well enough so as to ensure effective communication with customers over the phone
- At least 6 months of experience in medical office scheduling or 6 months experience in call center environments
- Mandatory knowledge of medical terminology. Certificate of 40-hour educational training in medical terminology or equivalent
- Qualified typists (computer keyboard) with a minimum of thirty-five (35) words per minute
- Familiar with the Microsoft office suite, office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, personal computer, and telephones
- Ability to operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems and personal computers
- Must have excellent communication skills, telephone etiquette, customer service and people skills, a professional demeanor, all culminating in an appropriate interaction with clients promoting a world-class image of the Military Health System (MHS)
- Experience with the following unique military health care systems including: Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA), Composite Health Care Systems (CHCS), Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS), Health Artifact and Imaging Management Solution (HAIMS), MHS GENESIS
Working conditions are within a normal office environment.
Normal office environment mobility; sitting, walking, bending, stooping, standing, lifting a maximum of 25 pounds (greater than 25 pounds requires a two-person lift), turning, pushing. Normal office dexterity, to include; reaching, handling, grasping, to include typing/keyboard, and phone use.