|Title:||Structural Engineer III|
|Location:||Merritt Island, FL|
To provide assistance with Structural Engineering for 8-koi; a diverse Florida based service and consulting company that has been providing outstanding results for our clients for over 12-years now.
Duties and responsibilities
• Collects data and gathers information or documents.
• Performs standard computations or analysis.
• Prepares drawings and visual aids.
• Observes construction activities.
• Performs basic survey work.
• Performs basic design tasks.
• Assists on other tasks such as: preparation of permit applications, material testing, drawings, and CAD work.
• Performs moderate design tasks.
• Prepares portions of project documents.
• Edits specifications.
• Performs research and investigations.
• Designs a complete project, system, component, or process.
• Prepares complete project documents.
• Designs and conducts experiments, and analyzes and interprets data.
• Formulates and solves problems.
• Assists upper level management and staff as a technical specialist or advisor.
• Participates with reviews of project documents for conformity and quality assurance.
• Serves as the technical specialist for the organization in the application of advanced concepts, principles, and methods in an assigned area.
• Keeps informed of new developments and requirements affecting the organization for recommending changes in programs or applications.
• Interprets, organizes, executes, and coordinates assignments.
• Assists in the development of standards and guidelines.
• Leads the organization in a broad area of specialization or in a narrow but intensely specialized field.
• Reviews complete project documents for conformity and quality assurance.
• Any additional related tasks issued by superiors.
Applicant shall apply his or her own knowledge of engineering and various office technologies in many various assignments. Applicant shall be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in an effective and structured manner. Typical characteristics a candidate must have for this position include:
• Independently applies extensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
• Independently evaluates, selects, and adapts standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
• Acquires general knowledge of principles and practices of related fields, and ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
• Works on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects.
• Uses advanced techniques in the modification or extension of theories and practices of sciences and disciplines to complete assignments.
• Possesses advanced oral and written communication skills.
• Interacts with clients, customers, officials, contractors, and others.
• Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments.
• Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
• Assigns tasks to and directs engineers, technicians, and administrative staff.
• Plans and coordinates detailed aspects of the engineering work.
• Prepares scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments.
• Assists with proposals to provide professional services or obtain funding for engineering projects or programs.
Applicant is also responsible for maintaining 8-koi / CDE Company Standards and Practices.
Expected to be true “team players” realizing that their contributions affect the outcome of projects; this also includes profitability.
• Must be eligible to work in the US.
• 4-8 years related experience.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
• Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Structural Engineer
• Possess a current Florida Professional Engineer License
• Possess a valid Florida Driver’s License and a reliable mode of transportation.
• Pass an entry drug screen and remain drug free throughout employment.
• Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality.
• Exceptional multitasking abilities and flexibility.
• Ability to read and interpret complex documents such as regulations and contract requirements.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and spoken.
• Skilled use of Adobe Acrobat.
• Moderate typing speed.
• Internet usage.
• Task planning / Calendar management.
• Active member of professional practice organization.
• Must be proficient in the use of
o Microsoft Windows, Excel, and Word
o Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit
Working conditions are within a normal office environment.
Normal office environment mobility; sitting, walking, bending, stooping, standing, lifting a maximum of 25 pounds (greater than 25 pounds requires a two-person lift), turning, pushing. Normal office dexterity, to include; reaching, handling, grasping, to include typing/keyboard, and phone use.
These are key requirements for individuals to be able to work in this environment. However, CDE / 8-koi, Incorporated complies with all Americans with Disabilities Act provisions. Should an employee require accommodation, please speak with his/her manager or email HR (email@example.com).
• Coordinate with technicians or administrative staff.
• Assigns tasks to and coordinates work with entry-level engineers, technicians, or administrative staff.
• Assists in determining schedule and budget requirements
I have read and understood the duties described in this document and confirm I am able to perform the essential job functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: 8-koi and, its wholly owned subsidiary, Cape Design Engineering (CDE) are Equal Opportunity Employers. 8-koi and CDE do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and co-workers.