Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Paramedics (2 FTE)
|Title:||Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Paramedics (2 FTE)|
|Location:||Great Lakes, IL|
- Naval Special Warfare (NSW) Force targeted an increase in the Sea, Air, and Land (SEAL) and Special Warfare Combatant-Craft Crewman (SWCC) forces. As part of the effort to support and sustain this requirement, the Naval Special Warfare Center (NSWCEN) has developed the NSW Preparatory Course. The EMT Paramedic will be the first responders in case of emergencies at all training sites.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide EMT coverage for all physical training evolutions.
- Serve as a source of medical knowledge and instruction with candidates. Be prepared to discuss injury prevention, heat/ cold related injuries.
- Be the first responders in case of emergencies at all training sites.
- Perform any relevant EMT duty in the course of physical and aquatic training modules.
- Each EMT shall maintain a current and valid registration by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT-P). May hold a State of Illinois EMT Registration in lieu of NREMT.
- Each EMT shall maintain a current and valid registration as an American Red Cross CPR/FIRST AID Instructor.
- Each EMT shall maintain a current and valid Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification (ACLS).
- Each EMT shall have two (2) years of recent paramedic experience within last five (5) years.
- It is desired that each EMT have experience with the “General Requirements” (220.127.116.11) and “Specific Functions” (18.104.22.168) as detailed below.
- All contract personnel shall undergo a National Agency Check with Local Agency and Credit Checks (NACLC) background check prior to employment
- EMT Paramedics shall be able to pass the minimum Navy Physical Readiness Standards, with regard to age and sex, with a minimum passing standard of SATISFACTORY MEDIUM, as set forth in OPNAVINST 6110.1H (Physical Readiness Program). This testing shall be conducted within 30 calendar days from date of physical check in. Paramedics shall maintain this standard and be prepared to pass this standard on a yearly basis.
- Paramedic shall be able to lift, at a minimum, 50 lbs. overhead.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications