|Location:||Great Lakes, IL|
- Naval Special Warfare (NSW) Force targeted an increase in the Sea, Air, and Land (SEAL) and Special Warfare Combatant-Craft Crewman (SWCC) forces. As part of the effort to support and sustain this requirement, the Naval Special Warfare Center (NSWCEN) has developed the NSW Preparatory Course. The Administrative Assistant shall provide general office support to facilitate contract performance.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide data input to OIC, NSWCEN Student Control, Personnel Support Detachment (PSD) Great Lakes, and other Navy Administrative Departments to facilitate the timely execution of all student transfers and orders.
- Assist in coordination of travel and travel orders for qualified recruits in NSWCEN training program.
- Provide general office support to facilitate contract performance to include, but not limited to, completing data calls, answering phone calls, drafting business memos, providing timely correspondence, and requesting office materials.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to facilitate daily coordination and activity with other administrative assistants.
- Update presentations intended to train, brief, and inform students of changes in these programs derived from information provided by the OIC or NSW policy guidance.
- Track student records and documents exchanged between the Contractor and Naval Special Warfare Center and Basic Training Command administrative personnel in the designated Government system.
- Track daily student time in training and progress. Produce accurate reports and briefs for the OIC.
- Enter course related information into Naval Special Warfare Center databases.
- All contract personnel shall undergo a National Agency Check with Local Agency and Credit Checks (NACLC) background check prior to employment
- Administrative Assistant shall, at a minimum, possess a High School Diploma, or equivalent.
- Each Administrative Assistant shall have a minimum of three (3) years recent (within the last 5 years) experience providing clerical and administrative support.
- Administrative Assistant should have experience within a DoD workplace.
Working conditions are within a normal office environment.
Normal office environment mobility; sitting, walking, bending, stooping, standing, lifting a maximum of 25 pounds (greater than 25 pounds requires a two-person lift), turning, pushing. Normal office dexterity, to include; reaching, handling, grasping, to include typing/keyboard, and phone use.