|Title:||Cybersecurity Engineer Senior - SN090|
|Location:||Vandenberg Space Force Base, CA|
To provide assistance with Cybersecurity out of Vandenberg Space Force Base, for 8-koi; a diverse Florida based service and consulting company that has been providing outstanding results for our clients for over 13-years.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide Cybersecurity enterprise engineering support across the Launch and Test Range System (LTRS).
- Work multiple projects and initiatives to ensure target dates and goals are achieved.
- Support DoD Assessment & Authorization (A&A) activities in accordance with RMF process.
- Develop, modify, and review A&A documentation.
- Analyze the architectures of IT systems for compliance with DoD policies; develop and execute security test plans; and use security tools such as ACAS, SCAP, and execution of STIGs.
- Assess the risk of IT systems documenting them in formal risk assessments and supporting artifacts associated with the A&A process.
- Organize, develop, and present briefings, written summaries, and written reports incorporating narrative, tabular and/or graphic elements.
- Provide CS Subject Matter Expertise (SME) engineering support to project teams.
- Support proposals (internal and externally funded).
- Determine the security posture and CS authorization readiness of systems and architectures.
- Support of engineering design teams by assessing network and system security design features and making recommendations concerning overall security accreditation readiness and compliance with CS guidance and best practices.
- Software and application security evaluation skills using automated software evaluation tools.
- Network and/or System Administration technical expertise with Microsoft operating systems, Linux/Unix operating systems, Cisco products, VMWare/virtualization; and Cross Domain Solutions/Guards.
- Ability to prepare and execute detailed computer system analysis, including interim and final reports and presentation of analysis data.
- Ability to research policies, procedures, standards, and guidance, and apply under specific conditions for the protection of information and information systems.
- Ability to conduct Information Systems vulnerability assessment, risk mitigation, and Plan of Action and Milestone (POA&M) development and tracking; understanding and application of mitigation strategies.
- Strong understanding of DIACAP, RMF, ACAS, and Vulnerability Management.
· Bachelor's degree in a STEM-related field.
- Two or more years of related Cybersecurity engineering experience.
- Strong technical skills.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, to interact with team members and customers.
- Experience in a team environment.
- DoD 8570 IASAE II (CASP CE, CISSP (or Associate), or CSSLP).
- The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends.
- Ability to travel 20%.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance, which includes U.S. citizenship or U.S. naturalization.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License required.
Working conditions are within a normal office environment.
Normal office environment mobility; sitting, walking, bending, stooping, standing, lifting a maximum of 25 pounds (greater than 25 pounds requires a two-person lift), turning, pushing. Normal office dexterity, to include; reaching, handling, grasping, to include typing/keyboard, and phone use.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: 8-koi and, its wholly owned subsidiary, Cape Design Engineering (CDE) are Equal Opportunity Employers. 8-koi and CDE do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and co-workers.