|Title:||Health Promotion Specialist (HPS) - CHPS|
|Location:||Edwards AFB, California|
- 8-koi is seeking a Health Promotion Specialist (HPS) to support the yet to be awarded Civilian Health Promotion Services (CHPS) contract. The HPS-CHPS will assist in planning, developing, coordinating and implementing all activities of the health promotion program
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist with planning, developing, coordinating, and implementing all activities of the health promotion program, which may include wellness screenings, educational classes, incentive programs, health fairs.
- Perform services such as finger sticks and other biometric measurements including height, weight, BMI/body composition, and blood pressure.
- Educate participants on health awareness and lifestyle modification.
- Maintain current knowledge of health promotion topics to keep health education program materiel current.
- Coordinate and/or ensure that supplies, equipment, files are maintained in properly secured storage.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the program manager or site coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Health Promotion, Health Education, Exercise Physiology or related field or equivalent education and experience defined as an Associate’s degree in a health related field and one (1) health promotion/health education certification from a nationally recognized organization.
- Two (2) years’ experience working with a health promotion program.
- May require or need to obtain an additional certification based on specific customer needs
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Current CPR/ AED and first aid certifications.
- Complete and pass a National Agency Check with Inquiries security check
Working conditions are within a normal office environment.
Normal office environment mobility; sitting, walking, bending, stooping, standing, lifting a maximum of 25 pounds (greater than 25 pounds requires a two-person lift), turning, pushing. Normal office dexterity, to include; reaching, handling, grasping, to include typing/keyboard, and phone use.