Linux Systems Administrator
|Title:||Linux Systems Administrator|
8-koi is seeking a Linux Systems Administrator to support the DOMino contract. The Linux Systems Administrator applies current technologies to the design, development, evaluation and integration of computer information systems and networks to maintain system security. Works with commercial computer product vendors in the design and evaluation of state-of-the-art secure COTS applications, operating systems, networks and database products and technology.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 6 years relevant experience.
- Professional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Applicable Microsoft certifications (Examples: MCSE, MCSA), Security+ CE
- Knowledge of Red Hat version 6 or 7 (rhel6/rhel7) with the ability to engineer, install, administer and maintain
- Skilled in Linux-related scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the security of new and existing IT systems and the procedures to protect information system assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction
- Kernel infrastructure understanding in a Linux environment
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of Information technology and security controls that are in place
- Knowledge and understanding of operating systems, networks and services
- Experience evaluating security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
- Manage changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
- Participate in 24x7 schedules with fixed shift and possible weekend support.
- Minimum clearance requirement is an ACTIVE DoD Secret with the ability to obtain a Top Secret with SCI Eligibility
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- Must be U.S Citizen with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance. Must be able to obtain DHS suitability prior to starting employment.
SPECIFIC TASK / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides security engineering and integration services to internal customers.
- Involved in a wide range of issues including secure architectures, secure electronic data traffic, network security, information security and privacy.
- Develops security systems for any manual or automated systems environments.
- Responsible for ensuring the protection of company data against unauthorized disclosure, accidental or intentional loss of data, or unauthorized modification
8-Koi and, its wholly owned subsidiary, CDE are Equal Opportunity Employers. 8-Koi and CDE do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications