8-koi is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment; including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. 8-koi is seeking a Principal Software Engineer to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR Computer Systems Engineering.
- Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
- Desired Certifications: DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II; Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP)
- 3+ years of directly relevant software development experience
- 2+ years of Agile software development
- Solid understanding and experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Ability to create well-modularized, maintainable software and willing to follow group coding standards and design
- Possesses or quickly develop a comprehensive understanding of Government Information Security policies, regulations, and guidelines
- Experience working on projects that implement analytic models into production systems
- Must be able to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations.
- Must be U.S Citizen with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance. Active Security Clearance preferred.
- Experience and/or familiarity with DevOps, DevSecOps, Continuous Development/Continuous Integration concepts, and automated test tools such as Docker, Jenkins, Rational Team Concert, JIRA, Git, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Junit, JMeter, RSpec, and/or Cucumber
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following database technologies: SQL, Oracle, MySQL, JBDC, NOSQL, etc.
- Experience with cloud development and technologies
- Technical understanding of cybersecurity attack techniques and associated mitigation techniques
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) knowledge and experience.
SPECIFIC TASK / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborating within Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor responsible for the design, test and implementation of advanced cybersecurity software capabilities.
- Developing and performing automated builds, testing, and deployments
- Developing high quality technical documentation, as needed, including user guides, test plans, and contract deliverable items and supporting product training.
- Supporting risk assessments and developing risk mitigation countermeasures
8-Koi and, its wholly owned subsidiary, CDE are Equal Opportunity Employers. 8-Koi and CDE do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications